On 7 July 2015, the IP5 Offices launched a consultation process on two reports outlining their practices regarding unity of invention and citation of prior art.
The users' consultation on IP5 patent practices concluded on 15 September 2015. The following responses were received:
- Comments from AIPPI on the Industry IP5 Consensus Proposals to the IP5 Patent Harmonization Experts Panel (PHEP) dated 10 October 2014
- AIPLA Comments on IP5-PHEP Consultation - Patent Practices and Procedures
- BUSINESSEUROPE comments on consultation on IP5 patent practices
- CIPA letter on harmonisation of patent practices and procedures
- FICPI feedback on IP5 reports relating to patent harmonisation
- JIPA comments on "Consultation on IP5 patent practices"
The IP5 Offices thank all users who took part in the consultation. The responses will be analysed carefully and work on harmonisation of patent practices will continue in close co-operation with users and stakeholders in the IP5 regions.