In February 2016, the third meeting of the IP5 Global Dossier Task Force (GDTF) was held at the USPTO in Alexandria, Virginia, United States of America. The IP5 Offices reported to Industry on progress in the Global Dossier (GD) initiative, a retrieval tool which makes it easier for patent applicants to quickly and easily view, monitor and manage intellectual property (IP) protection around the world by providing access to the dossiers of related patent applications filed at the IP5 Offices.
The IP5 Offices additionally reported to Industry their progress on evaluating the five agreed short-term priorities, expressing that they will work together to identify areas where they can collaborate on each of the topics based on their resources, legal framework and internal plans. IP5 Industry presented recommendations to the IP5 Offices on possible next steps leading towards the ultimate Global Dossier goal of cross-filing in multiple offices using the five agreed short-term priorities.
The IP5 Industry groups expressed their interest in continual participation in the process of developing the Global Dossier initiative further.
The topics and presentations at the third meeting of the Global Dossier Task Force in Alexandria included:
- Report on IP5 Heads meeting (presented by SIPO)
- Report on IP5 Heads/Industry meeting (presented by PPAC)
Presentations and proposals by IP5 Industry
- Suggestion on Legal Status (presented by PPAC)
- XML based documents (presented by JIPA)
- EPO survey results on "Alerting" from PDG European Industry Members (presented by PDG for BE)
- Proposal for the IP5 Global Dossier Active Phase: PPH Using the Passive GD and CCD (presented by AIPLA/IPO)
- Standardized Applicant Name (presented by KINPA)
Global Dossier progress reports by IP5 Offices
- Progress on examiner usage of examiner access to GD and public access to GD (presented by the IP5 Offices)
- Progress on Linkage between OPD and WIPO-CASE (presented by the JPO)
Progress reports on Global Dossier short-term goals by IP5 Offices
- Proof of Concept (presented by the USPTO)
- Alert Functionality (presented by the EPO)
- XML Document Provision (presented by the JPO)
- Standardized Applicant Name (presented by KIPO)
- Legal Status (presented by SIPO)
Implementing the Active Phase
- Summary of Industry-Only Third Global Dossier Task Force Meeting (presented by AIPLA/IPO)