This is the first annual statistics report that covers the patent statistical activities of all five offices, following the establishment of the IP5 Statistics Working Group in April 2012. It includes statistics of SIPO and is an expansion of the former "Four Office Statistics Report" (produced jointly by the EPO, JPO, KIPO and USPTO).
Table of contents
The following links take you to specific chapters in the report.
Executive Summary (PDF, 17 KB)
Preface (PDF, 14 KB)
- Introduction (PDF, 24 KB)
- The IP5 Offices (PDF, 447 KB)
- Worldwide Patenting Activity (PDF, 4.4 MB)
- Patent Activity at the IP5 Offices (PDF, 580 KB)
- The IP5 Offices and the Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT) (PDF, 648 KB)
- Other Work (PDF, 14 KB)
Annex 1: Definitions for Office Expenditures (PDF, 19 KB)
Acronyms (PDF, 9 KB)
Web versions only
Should you wish to browse in the complete document, please download the full report.
Download the IP5 Statistics Report 2011 (PDF, 2.54 MB)
The State Intellectual Property Office of the People's Republic of China (SIPO) has produced a Chinese translation of the IP5 Statistics Report 2011.